Tuesday, January 16, 2007

The Gnome's Convention.

Below are the 'rules' or, as they were christened 'The Gnome's Convention' This document would be pasted into his wee journal and travel with him for the duration of his trip.

Hello!

I’m Gnorman, the Trade Me General Message Board gnome! Thanks for having me to stay!

My friends on TM(G) have decided to send me on the trip of a lifetime. My aim is to visit as many places and MB posters in New Zealand as possible, between now and Christmas 2007. At the end of my journey I hope to be able to wave to you all from the Trade Me Office Web-cam before being auctioned off for charity.


I have a bit of a hectic schedule so there are a few rules I need to stick to if I’m to get to visit as many people as possible. My friends on the MB have christened this document ‘The Gnome Convention’

1) Firstly my stay will need to be short, I should be with you no more than three days and less if possible.

2) On my arrival I will have my travel journal with me, please feel free to add a short write up of my visit with you, stating the location and duration of stay and the trader with whom I am staying. It would be lovely if I could be photographed with you to document my trip as well. But if you are camera shy, then a photo of me in a local hotspot will do just fine.

You can also let the TM(G) community know that I’ve arrived by using the existing thread “The Extensive Travels of Gnorman The Gnome” or by starting a new one (should the other have disappeared)

3) When it’s time for me to go I will need packing carefully and sending on to my next destination. Please make sure that you contact the person with whom I’m to stay by email first, to check that they are able to have me and will be able to send me on to the next leg of my journey - I’m a polite gnome and would hate to arrive unannounced!

Whilst I’m away my girlfriend Gnorma-Jean will be visiting with some of our over-seas friends in Australia, and may even take a short trip to the UK! Watch the thread, and this blog, to see where we both are at any given time.


Finally, to keep me safe on my travels please remember the following Safety code: “Gno to alcohol, Gno to Gnudity, and always be gnice to Gnorman”

Thank you for helping me on my journey :O)

Lots of Gnomey Love!

Gnorman xxxxxxx

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys, I really think this is great. The cancer foundation donation is an excellant idea. Im sure Gnorman will have fun tikki touring NZ and Gnorma-Jean will have fun travelling across the ditch.

Have fun & Good Luck
Ronztoyz

Anonymous said...

I am the Manager of The Wanganui Cancer Society and I am trying to contact Joy Clark - I have lost her address can some one please e mail me on wgi.cancer.soc@xtra.co.nz

Anonymous said...

Hi everyone
My apologies for misspelling Devonport in the last comments page.
I would like to thank the fantastic group who helped organise this fundraiser and the terrific people who are supporting this great cause. You may have heard on the news recently that a NZ cancer development drug company has attracted $50 million of capital investment from the United States to continue its' work with the development of the PR-104 drug. This drug is unique in that it reaches parts of tumors that other drug don't and so we are very excited about this.The Auckland Cancer Society Research Centre has been very involved in the development of this drug.
Research is a vital part of the Cancer Society's work and so we are very very grateful to you all. Thanks again.